About me and PATRIA...


Hello everyone! I guess I haven't made a proper introduction about myself. So here it is!

*
*

I'm Valentine Wijaya from Medan. I was born in a Buddhist family 24 years ago. I have three older sisters that makes me the smallest daughter in my family. I can say that I'm lucky to know Buddhist since I was born, although it's still traditional Buddhist. I graduated from STMIK - STIE Mikroskil in 2015 with Computer Degree. I love doing charity with my friends when I was still in college. We did free foods, visited orphanage, and nursing home. But after graduation, life gets busier and we seldom meet each other again, so the charity is stopped. I also joined a Buddhist organization when I was in college, which is called Keluarga Mahasiswa Buddhis (KMB). Although I joined it at my last two semesters, I learnt a lot new things and got so many new friends. From this organization, I started to know what Patria is.

I joined Patria in January 2016. I was asked to help the current secretary of DPD SUMUT. First, I rejected it, because my parents didn't really agree with me joining in an organization. But after some consideration, I finally accepted it.


Through Patria, I learn a lot new things that I never learn before.  Joining Patria really helps me to improve myself in Buddhism view and social life. I get the chance to share my knowledge and I get to know Buddhism deeper than before.

My first event with Patria Sumut was on June 12th, 2016. It was Siddhartha The Buddha movie screening. My very first participation since I joined Patria. It was so much fun. Although there were some problems before and during the event, we could handle it. We did it because we are one team. By handling this event with other Patria's members really makes me realize; when we are one team and support each other, we can solve the problems. From that moment on, I started to realize that I had made the best decision by joining Patria.

Beside the main mission of Patria which is to develop member's morality and belief in Buddha Dhamma, Patria also takes roles in improving the quality of Buddhist youth. One of the program that helps to improve the quality of Buddhist youth is Patria Basic Training. Luckily, I joined this event on September 10th until 12th, 2016 at Lotus Village Sibolangit, Medan. We got to learn so many things from Patria's seniors. We didn't only get Buddhism knowledge, but also general things, such as how to know our personality, how to manage organization, how to communicate among organization's members, about leadership, and positive thinking. Beside the serious parts, we also played some interesting games that I never played before, like breaking a wooden pencil, blow balloons until explode, and walking on the fire.

As part of KBTI, Patria's members also get the chance to participate in KBTI's events. As for me, I always voluenteer in Sanghadana Kathina by Vihara Mahasampatti.

Finally, I want to thank Patria for helping me to improve to be a better person. And I hope that my participation in Patria will help Patria to improve in the future.

PATRIA! ONE SPIRIT, ONE DHAMMA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arti Ayu Vanno Sukkham Balam

Baksos 24 April 2016 - Panti Asuhan Anugerah Kasih Medan

PATRIA BASIC TRAINING 2016 - PART 1